3/21/11

Instruments of Inspiration

So over spring break I compiled a fairly comprehensive list of inspirational music posters. I discovered many similarities and trends that I can use to my advantage. Many band posters sport bright colors, high contrast, and a theme that is somewhat hidden or completely unrelated to the band.






I found repetition to be a very powerful tool in poster design.







Unexpected scale spices up the meaning and visual appeal of the image.





Great imagery and incorporation of the pattern. Bold and impressive with two colors!










Nice literal take on the band name.




This is a great example of collage, with many unexpected components.





These reminded me of Shepard Fairey's constructivist-inspired posters.












Great unexpected imagery with a great concept. Is the poster related to the band Wilco? I guess they are a pretty ironic, so it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment